Our client companies offering positions in defense and aerospace are under contract to the United States Government. Many of these positions require security clearances granted by their government customers to have access to the work. The U.S. Government may require and perform an extensive background investigation on individuals assigned to certain contracts.
AESI is able to obtain and hold Secret and Top Secret clearances for AESI employees who have a justified need and have accepted an offer by a client to work on a classified project. This means speedier processing and turnaround times which are beneficial to client and contractor alike. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Factors that are covered in performing the background investigation and which are of ongoing interest include, but are not limited to:
- Citizenship – you may be required to be a U.S. Citizen based on birth or naturalization. Proof of citizenship will be required.
- U.S. Citizenship of immediate family (mother, father, spouse, children, guardians, step-parents, siblings, step-brothers & step-sisters) may be required. Also included are persons with whom you are co-habitating or with whom you are sharing a residence.
- Excessive use of alcoholic beverages
- Involvement in illegal drugs or other abuse
- Financial responsibility
- Personal character – you must be honest, trust-worthy, reliable, loyal, and of excellent character; have integrity, good judgment and discretion; and, not be subject to undue influence or duress through exploitable personal conduct
- Foreign Travel – travel (both business and personal) to certain foreign countries may be restricted and all foreign travel reported.
These security clearances take approximately 4 to 6 months to obtain from the time the completed, final signed copy of the security clearance application is submitted to the U.S. Government for processing. This time frame may be shortened if you have previously held a security clearance. AESI will work with you to obtain work during the clearance process, or you may want to continue at your present position for the interim.
If you have any further questions regarding security clearances, please contact us.